Easiest, most inexpensive, and yummiest granola. I sprinkle mine on my yogurt every morning. Note: I double the recipe and it works just fine.
Brown Sugar Granola
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil (I substitute olive oil)
2 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or coat with oil or nonstick spray).
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another. Then mix wet and dry ingredients and combine well.
3. Spread mix onto pan and bake for 30 minutes or until browned.
4. Let cool. Break up with spatula, hands or by wadding up granola in parchment paper until granola is broken apart.
5. Store in airtight container.