My friend, Jasen, gave me this recipe once after he heard me bemoaning the fact that I had some white wine leftover that had gone bad. I was going to pour it out, but he told me to use it for this recipe instead.
Garlic cloves (2) minced
Shallots (3) chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
25 small shrimp (peeled) I use frozen with tail on and pre-cooked.
A ton of freshly grated Parmesan
1 big lemon
About 1/2 cup white wine
1. Brown shallots, red pepper flakes and garlic in a mix of butter and oil.
2. Add shrimp and pick out with tongs once they start to pinken up. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta on side until very al dente (will finish cooking with shrimp later). Drain. set aside.
4. Add two tablespoons butter and some olive oil and squeeze one big lemon into pan. Pour about 1/2 cup of the white wine. Boil a little bit.
5. Once butter starts to melt add linguine and shrimp back to pan.
6. Cover and simmer until shrimp pink and done.
7. Serve sprinkled with fresh Parm and chopped Italian parsley.