1. I am a xenophile
2. I am a minimalist
3. I am a bookworm
4. I once flew in an FA/18 fighter jet over Big Sur
5. I once watched an autopsy
6. I was in a hair-raising high-speed pursuit on a San Francisco Bay Area freeway in the passenger seat of a cop car
7. I am Catholic
8. I love to cook and host small dinner parties
9. I bake my own bread
10. I am a proud Italian-American
11. I used to live with the musician Beck and his family
12. I shook President Bill Clinton’s hand once when he was still in office. I was rendered speechless beyond muttering … “Mr. President!”
13. I once spent the first 8 hours of a homicide investigation trailing along with the detectives, which included sitting in the living room with the parents when the detectives told them their son was dead.
14. I can whistle so unbelievably loud I could probably break glass — at the very least I silence every insect outside for about a 5 block radius.
15. I was named most valuable player on the high school downhill ski racing team.
16. One night in L.A. my job was to escort porn star Traci Lords around a rave my boss was throwing at the Shrine Auditorium.
17. Hall-of-Famer Reggie Jackson once asked the owners of a restaurant to introduce me to him.
18. It was because of an article I wrote about a naked, masturbating man who crashed his car and then fought off emergency personnel.
19. On the other hand, Jerry Seinfeld rolled his eyes at me when we met.
20. I make a tasty biscotti.